News and upcoming events...
January 25-27: Bare Bait Dance Company's Guest Performance Residency in Missoula, MT | Premiere of Still Life No. 7 http://barebaitdance.org/201718-season
Simpson/Stulberg Collaborations was nominated for two Isadora Duncan Dance Awards for the 2015/2016 performance season for Outstanding Achievement in Performance (Ensemble) for Still Life No. 1, as well as Outstanding Achievement in Choreography (Ensemble, in collaboration with the dancers) for Still Life No. 4. Both pieces were performed at ODC Theater in April 2016.
Simpson/Stulberg Collaborations is proudly supported through the fiscal sponsorship organization Dancers' Group. Please click here to visit our company page where you can make a tax-deductible donation.
JUNE 10: Yerba Buena Gardens ChoreoFest | https://ybgfestival.org/event/choreofest-day-2/
Premiere of our first site-specific work "Still Life No. 6" Choreographed and performed by S/S, with live accompaniment by Shanna Sordahl, and original costumes by Liz Brent. This dance draws from images and compositional elements found in an installation by visual artist Doris Salcedo (Plegaria Muda, from SFMOMA's collection).
ChoreoFest is presented by Yerba Buena Gardens Festival, and curated by RAWdance.
NOVEMBER 17-19 : USF Dance Ensemble Fall Concert | https://www.usfca.edu/event/2016-11-17-2000/usf-dance-ensemble-fall-concert
Simpson/Stulberg Collaborations is a guest choreographer for the USF Dance Ensemble. The students will perform our newest work, along with choreography by other guest artists such as Gregory Dawson of dawsondancesf, and Deborah Slater of Deborah Slater Dance Theater, in addition to a performance by Mud Water Theatre.
8pm - Lone Mountain Studio Theater, USF (SF,CA)
- OCTOBER 23: San Francisco Dance Film Festival | Screen of film hold ( S T I L L ) . http://www.sfdancefilmfest.org/2016-schedule/2016-co-laboratory-films-local-shorts/
OCTOBER 14-15 : Hope Mohr Dance's Bridge Project, Ten Artists Respond to Locus | http://www.hopemohr.org/2016-bridge-project
Performing Trisha Brown's iconic Locus solo, as well as the premiere of a new piece by Xandra Ibarra/La Chica Boom.
2016 Bridge Project: Ten Artists Respond to Locus, is a groundbreaking, multidisciplinary exchange with dance history inspired by the work of dance pioneer Trisha Brown. In partnership with local curators, HMD has commissioned a diverse group of ten outstanding artists to learn Brown's iconic dance Locus and create new works in response. HMD presents the ten premieres, along with a performance of Locus, in the YBCA Forum Friday Oct. 14 and Saturday Oct. 15, 2016.
- JUNE 18 : Dance Camera West Film Festival | Screening of film hold ( S T I L L ) . http://dancecamerawest.org/schedule.htm
JUNE 9-11 : ODC Theater Presents Hope Mohr Dance | http://odcdance.org/performance.php?param=318
Performing with Hope Mohr Dance for their world premiere of Manifesting, an antic dance theater work inspired by artist manifestos. How do we use rules to channel our animal nature? How do manifestos both mask and expose us? Manifesting builds on Hope Mohr's long-standing investigation of inherited models as a means to articulate artistic voice. 8pm - ODC Theater (SF, CA)
MAY 27: EnCORE: Dance On Film | Screening of film hold ( S T I L L ) . http://www.coredance.org/cal-event/encoredanceonfilm/
MARCH 31 - APRIL 2 : Simpson/Stulberg Collaborations Presents STILL LIFE DANCES at ODC Theater | Premiere of Still Life No. 4 http://odcdance.org/performance.php?param=307
- MARCH 20 : Tiny Dance Film Festival | Screening of film hold ( S T I L L ) . http://www.detourdance.com/tdff-schedule/
- NOVEMBER 13 : Friday Nights at the de Young - "Still Life Dances" | Excerpted performances of Still Life No.'s 1 & 2 https://deyoung.famsf.org/calendar/still-life-dances
- NOVEMBER 8 : Hope Mohr Dance's Bridge Project : "Talk the Walk: Local Artists at the Intersection of Language and Choreographic Thinking" | Performance of Still Life No. 1 http://www.hopemohr.org/2015-bridge-project
- OCTOBER 29 - NOVEMBER 1 : FACT/SF and ODC Theatre Co-Present JuMP 2015 | Premiere of Still Life No. 3 http://www.odcdance.org/event_view.php?param=618 8pm - YBCA Forum (SF,CA)
- MAY 23-24 : LINES Ballet Training Program Spring Showcase | http://training.linesballet.org/events/ Premiere of my new work "PlayFight (in the dirt with salamanders in my pockets)" at Z Space set on the students of the Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program. Sat. 7pm, Sun. 3pm - Z Space (SF, CA)
MAY 22-24 : "You ARE HERE" | http://www.sfiaf.org Performing with Cali & Co. dance/Matt EL in "You ARE HERE" at the San Francisco International Arts Festival
MAY 2 : Dance Camera West Film Festival | http://dancecamerawest.org Screening of my dance film "I was within" choreographed and performed in collaboration with Sebastian Grubb. 2:30pm - The Crest Theatre (Westwood, CA)
APRIL 25 : Tiny Dance Film Festival | http://www.detourdance.com/tdff-schedule/ Screening of my dance film "I was within" choreographed and performed in collaboration with Sebastian Grubb. 8pm - Ninth Street Independent Film Center (SF, CA)
- APRIL 24-25 : USF Spring 2015 Dance Ensemble Showing | Performance of Still Life No. 2 http://www.usfca.edu/artsci/pa/events/dance/
- APRIL 11-12 : ODC's Pilot65 | Premiere of Still Life No. 2 www.odcdance.org
- APRIL 10 : Take 5 | Showing of Still Life No. 1 www.odcdance.org
- FEBRUARY 20-21 : Panama Pacific International Exposition (PPIE) Centennial Celebration | http://www.ppie100.org/events/ Premiere of Kerry Laitala's Loië Fuller tribute dance film. 7-10pm - Palace of Fine Arts (SF, CA)
- DECEMBER 12-13: RAWdance Concept Series: 16 | Premiere of Still Life No. 1 www.rawdance.org